Summary of Services
High Impact Management, LLC. (HIM) is an Oklahoma City based consulting firm offering professional management expertise to a construction project for the purposes of managing the project scope of work, budget, and schedule. Our services are designed around the traditional design/bid/build delivery method.
This delivery method offers specific advantages for the Client to help lower risk and ensure a quality end product. HIM is solely the Client’s advocate and our services promote Client representation starting with the Pre-Construction Phase and concluding with the Construction Phase. Our goal is to ensure the entire experience is Client-driven.
- Pre-Construction Phase represents all work prior to the general contractor’s start of work and includes:
- Design – typically a three step process involving schematic drawings, design development, and construction documents.
- Bidding or Negotiation – includes bidder solicitation, evaluation and contract award.
- Construction Phase begins with the general contractor’s notice to proceed and concludes with project close-out.
Design is typically a three step process that begins with schematic drawings, followed by design development drawings, and concludes with final construction documents. During this phase, High Impact Management’s Client services include:
- Monitor design to ensure in accordance with the Client’s scope of work, schedule and budget.
- Provide value engineering and life-cycle cost studies.
- Review drawings and specifications.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
- Identify and establish long-lead time materials and equipment procurement.
- Establish shop drawing protocols and controls.
Bidding or Negotiation includes the procurement of a general contractor. High Impact Management’s services offered to the Client during this phase include:
- Promote bidding interest and solicit general contractor bids recommended by the team.
- Assist in the assembly of final bid documents and advertisement for bids.
- Conduct pre-bid and post-bid conferences.
- Analyze bids to determine whether bids are responsive and complete.
- Make recommendations to the Client for contract award.
- Negotiate costs for single-source contracts.
- Prepare Owner-Contractor contract agreement for Client approval.
- Issue notice to proceed to signal start of construction.
Construction Phase begins with the general contractor’s notice to proceed and concludes with project close-out. High Impact Management’s Client services during this phase include:
- Establish operational procedures.
- Ascertain that general contractor has a safety program and on-site safety officers.
- Monitor construction progress and costs.
- Evaluate contractor pay applications and make recommendations to Client for payment.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled construction meetings and document.
- Conduct regular site visits.
- Provide Client regular Field Observation Reports.
- Review with Client planned construction activities in order to maintain input and awareness.
- Determine need for recovery schedules in order to maintain completion dates.
- Prepare and confirm substantial completion and final acceptance certificates.
- Supervise final testing, start-up and operator training.
- Provide and maintain project records including final project files.
- Coordinate the transfer of contract close-out and final report documents.